What is bluehost down means?
let’s find out start with small intro..
Do you know every second a new website is being added over the internet? According to Netcraft’s study of May 2021,
“There are approximately over 1 billion websites on the world wide web”.
Wonder, How these websites work and where these are hosted.
For a layman, all these websites need web hosting to host them from where these are served over the internet.
There are many web hosting services providers across the globe and Bluehost is one of the top companies in this space.
Have you ever heard about Bluehost?
Want to understand more about Bluehost ere using it?
In this article,
we will explore in detail the hosting and other services provided by BlueHost.
But, before we go further, let us understand the basics of web hosting and the factors you need to consider before you choose the best web hosting services.
Bluehost Web Hosting
If someone is keen to know what Web Hosting is?
Then probably you are in the urge of building your first website and searching for a web hosting provider for your website.
You are looking to gain knowledge in various aspects of the website hosting process and services.
Whenever it comes to making your website live on the world wide web, Web Hosting is a must-have.
So, what is web hosting? Web Hosting is an online service offered by various Web Hosting providers that enables you to upload your website files on the server, which connects your website to the world wide web or internet.
Consequently, whoever has Internet access will be able to access and browse your website.
You can host your website on your own hosting server as well, but a dedicated Web Hosting provider offers lots of benefits as a part of their packages.
Apart from the low price, it is more like a plug and play server, where you just need to copy website files and your website is live.
You need not worry about the security & backups, which often becomes overhead in the case of your own hosting servers.
Factors Need to Consider While Choosing Web Hosting Providers
- 24/7 customer care support
- Essential features that your website needs to grow. E.g. security, scalability and maintainability.
- Liberty to upgrade your server
- Free trial or refund policy if you are not satisfied with their services
- Your website security from any kind of attack.
- Website backups and restoring your website in case of any failure.
Bluehost Website Builder & Webhosting Provider
To own a website builder, you need two things – Web Hosting & a domain name. Isn’t it convenient if you get both of these at the same place?
Bluehost gives both services to your website- Web Hosting & a domain name.
Bluehost is a Webhosting company of Endurance International Group. It was founded in 2003 & built on open source technology.
Now it has grown & become one of the largest providers of cloud-based online solutions.
The company provides services like domains, web hosting and secure hosting solutions.
Apart from this, Bluehost website builder can help their clients to make a professional-looking website without even doing the coding.
A couple of Bluehost website builders are WordPress & Weebly builders.
Both of them have different features that help their clients to create their own websites.
Notable Statistics of Bluehost
Here are some amazing statistics of Bluehost website builder that should drive you to choose it for hosting your website:
- Bluehost is among the list of top 20 Web Hosting providers in the world.
- Currently, it hosts more than 2 million domains.
- Approximately 750 direct staff are working with Bluehost.
- You probably don’t know that the same company (Endurance International Group) also owns HostGator & iPage.
- Its in-house servers are in Orem Utah which is sited in a 50000 square feet facility.
Services Offered By Bluehost
- Domain Name
- Shared Hosting
- WordPress Hosting
- VPS (Virtual Private Server) Hosting
- Web Server Hosting
Set Up Your Hosting Account on Bluehost
It’s easy to set up your hosting on Bluehost with simple steps.
Before you start, make sure to have your credit card for payment. To create your hosting account with Bluehost, follow the steps listed below.
1. To get started, go to Bluehost’s home page and click “Get Started.”.
You need to choose a domain name for your site if you don’t have one already. Otherwise, if you already have one, you can enter the domain name here, and follow the steps to get your DNS pointed to Bluehost.
2. Once you’ve entered a domain name, you’ll fill in your personal information.
3. Select the hosting package as per your requirement.
You can opt for dedicated or shared hosting at 12, 24 and 36-month terms.
You can even update your plan later and Bluehost provides seamless upgrades to VPS or dedicated server hosting accounts from inside your control panel.
4. Click the “Next” button to complete your purchase. You’ll be asked to generate a password for your Bluehost account and you are done with the process.
You can upload your website files and start using your website.
Bluehost assures you the 24X7 uptime availability of their servers and gives you an issue-less experience for your hosted websites.
They provide a streamlined process to communicate about the issues or downtimes.
How to Find is Bluehost down or Having an Issue?
Is Bluehost down?
You can always check the status of your hosting or hosting server on their status page.
However, it is rare to experience Bluehost down. All the servers are at Bluehost are closely monitored and tuned to make sure they don’t drop in performance.
Server overload can sometimes cause slowdowns to your website. This can cause your website to load slowly.
There are a couple of things that can still have an effect as to why your Bluehost site is down.
There are several things you can do to ensure your site is always at its best. These include optimizing images and videos at the lowest resolution possible before you post them to your website.
Cloudflare CDN must be activated on your site.
Cloudflare is easy to use. Simply create a Cloudflare Account, enable CDN integration through the control panel and then provide your Cloudflare credentials for Bluehost.
You should also make sure you add SSL certificate and any other security need to keep your website away from spammers.
Make sure you are using the right type of web hosting plan that suites the ability of your website.
Also, you can subscribe to StatusGator for free alerts & notifications about any changes on the status page of the Bluehost.
What should you do if the bluehost down?
If Bluehost down or does not work but you are unable to access any page or the site, there are other options.
- Browser cache.
You can delete the cache to get the current page by refreshing the page using the key combination CTRL + F5.
- The site’s access is blocked.
Clear browser cookies and modify the IP address.
- Antivirus and firewall.DNS cache.
Clear your DNS cache and then try accessing the site again.
Watch the video if you want more details:
How to My Cancel Bluehost Account?
Bluehost provides the best customer support and services. If at any point, you are not satisfied with their services and you want to cancel your Bluehost Account, there are multiple ways of doing it:
Method 1: Through Phone or Live Chat
- While canceling your Bluehost account, firstly, you need to know the Bluehost Terms of Service. They provide customer-centric terms of service and support for their products and services.
- As you decide to cancel, make sure to keep the backup of all your data that you require.
- Now, it’s time for you to call Bluehost Billing Department at (888) 401-4678, else start a live chat with the Bluehost representative & tell them that you want to cancel your Bluehost account.
- Provide your details to the representative like your first name, last name, the domain name associated with your account & the last 4-digit of your cPanel login password.
- Also, tell them to remove your automatic domain name renewal
Method 2: Through Initiating a Support Ticket
- Before deleting your account, review the terms of service.
- Data backup that you need.
- Open a support ticket.
- After choosing the “cancellation” option, click on the “OK” button.
- Enter your email address, full name, domain name & password.
- Inform Bluehost that you want to cancel your Bluehost account by sending a message.
- Enter the verification code.
- Keep the reference number of your support ticket.
- Also, request to cancel the renewal of your domain name.
How to Edit the Bluehost MX Records
The Mail Exchanger (MX) record is a type of DNS record that recognizes which server will handle the incoming emails of your domain. Bluehost MX records pointed towards the domain name rather than pointing to IP address.
Add a New Bluehost MX Record
From the drop-down menu, select the desired domain you want to modify in the DNS Zone Editor.
Scroll down & select Add DNS Record & fill the information in the following fields:
- Host Record- Enter the domain name that you want to modify.
- TTL- Keep this field at its default setting
- Type- Choose MX for this field.
- Points To- Enter the mail server’s name that must be a domain name.
- Priority- This field will let you know about the order of MX entries. For this, refer to the Bluehost MX entry provider.
Change the Current Bluehost MX Record
- Choose the domain that you want to choose in the DNS Zone Editor.
- Select MX exchanger from the drop-down menu.
- After finding the desired MX record, click on edit.
- Update the information that you want to change & click on Save.
Can You Transfer a Domain Instantly?
Bluehost transfer domain is a method of changing the domain registration of your website. So, if you own your domain for at least 60 days & it satisfies the Transfer Policy of Internet Corporation for Assigned Names & Numbers (ICANN), you can transfer it instantly.
Bluehost transfer domain requires few details for transferring the domain within the guidelines of the new Transfer Policy:
- Change Contact Information
- Steps for Changing Contact Information
- Change of Registrar
- Prepare the domain for transfer
- Disable Privacy
- Unlock the Domain
- Get the EPP Code
How can Bluehost Change Primary Domain?
If you own a Shared Hosting, Dedicated Hosting or Shared Hosting account, Bluehost change primary domain on your account.
Most of time the Bluehost Primary Domain Name can be changed to an other(new) domain name.
I realized how many users didn’t know what to do..
It should not be difficult to change the Bluehost Primary Domain name after reading this article.
There are two way.
Either ask the support team for assistance or do it yourself.
Changing Bluehost Primary Domain Name by yourself
Once you’ve completed the necessary steps to prepare your account for the change you can log in to your Control Panel.
Next, go to the “Order Information View” section and enter the domain name into the search field. The drop-down menu will open and you can choose order.
Once the order page has opened, click on the “Change Domain” option.
This will give you the chose to change the new domain
In fact, this is the last step. Enter your domain name, without HTTPS/HTTP, and click on Save.
You should receive a notification stating that “Your request for the primary domain change to your hosting package was placed” It may take some time for DNS changes to fully succeed
Once it is done, your website should be online with the new domain as Bluehost’s primary domain.
When Do We Need to Change the Primary Domain?
Bluehost change primary domain is usually happen only needed if you:
- Would like the users to log in to their respective accounts by using the latest primary domain name.
- Lose control of your previous domain and would wish to eliminate it from your record.
- Utilize Google App Engine, which validates via user accounts on the primary domain.
- Would like regular branding in Calendar invites & Drive shares, which always present the user’s primary email address.
Bluehost Alternatives for Web Hosting
Apart from Bluehost, some of the Bluehost alternatives which are notable as well as reliable like Bluehost are:
- InMotion Hosting
- Ethernet Servers
Difference Between Namecheap VS Bluehost
Do you face trouble while choosing between Namecheap VS Bluehost for hosting your website?
If so, we will focus on highlighting Namecheap vs Bluehost.
In the Web hosting & domain name spheres, both of the companies (Bluehost & Namecheap) are reputed.
However, Namecheap has recently shifted its interest more towards domain name & trying to build its reputation in it while Bluehost is popular for both (Web hosting & Domain Name).
Namecheap vs Bluehost
Bluehost is extremely user friendly. On the shared hosting plans of WordPress, Bluehost automatically installs WordPress making it process quick & easy for a new website.
As a result, it provides an extremely easy process even for a beginner.
Namecheap is also very user-friendly providing a slight difference from the Bluehost experience.
Once you have done by setting your account, you can view & manage your domains, hosting plans & account within the dashboard.
However, in Bluehost, you need to do so through the Softaculous App Installer within cPanel.
Both Bluehost and Namecheap give a wide variety of services, from domain registration to dedicated servers, shared hosting, and VPS.
However, Namecheap has cheaper baseline costs compared to Bluehost, but this is not the entire story.
Do the more economical prices mean that you have to compromise on crucial features?
Then, we made a little digging into both shared hosting plans & here it is:
Namecheap Web hosting Minimum Plan
The cheapest plan of Namecheap Web Hosting starts at a price as low as $ 1.44/month for shared hosting. And the most expensive plan of Namecheap is $ 4.44/month.
Bluehost Web hosting Minimum Plan
On the other side, the cheapest plan of Bluehost Web hosting comes with $ 3.95/month. And prices can go to $ 13.95/month.
One of the vital factors while choosing a Web Hosting plan is performance.
When it comes to the website loading time, Namecheap exceeded Bluehost.
Namecheap also provides a 100% uptime guarantee along with free website migration services that are not offered by Bluehost.
What is Bluehost’s comparison to SiteGround?
SiteGround is well popular for its customer service and WordPress expect.
Bluehost is more higher in price tag, especially for big websites or sites with very high visit. All plans include automatic daily backups and restores.
Bluehost vs HostGator: How does it compare?
HostGator is not as flashy as Bluehost, but its pricing is slightly cheaper and its packages come with a bit more —
you will watch few resource limits and you get extra bonus like marketing credit and uptime guarantees (which means that you are repay for unplanned website downtime).
How Can I Pay On Bluehost?
While making payment for buying any Web Hosting plan of Bluehost, you can use PayPal Instant Payments, debit cards, all major credit cards, purchase orders & cheques only if you are a resident of the United States.
Unfortunately, till now, Bluehost doesn’t accept payments through Bitcoin, PayPal balance, gift cards, etc.
Is Bluehost Good for Small Businesses?
Having described all the crucial things you need to know about Bluehost, now you are probably confused if Bluehost is well suitable for small businesses?
Is it a nice hosting company or not?
The answer to this question is YES! Bluehost is affordable as well as reliable and gives one of the most excellent customer support assistance in the industry.